Join 1,405 other followers
Search this site:
- Biographical Essays
- Ship of Fools. All Aboard!
- Lear’s Diaries
- A Chronology of Lear’s Life
- EL. Landscape Painter and Poet
- Bibliographies and Links
- The Edward Lear 2012 Celebrations
- Letters to the Caetani Family
On Lear and Nonsense
- A Very Good Children’s Book (1865)
- Nonsense Verse, &c. (1880)
- Word-Twisting Versus Nonsense (1887)
- Concerning Nonsense (1889)
- Delightful Nonsense (1890)
- G.K. Chesterton, A Defence of Nonsense (1902)
- The Poems in Alice in Wonderland (1903)
- Limericks (1903)
- Ian Malcolm on Edward Lear (1908)
- G.K. Chesterton, Two Kinds of Paradox (1911)
- H. Jackson, Masters of Nonsense (1912)
- H. Hawthorne, Edward Lear (1916)
- G.K. Chesterton, Child Psychology and Nonsense (1921)
- How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear (1932)
- G.K. Chesterton, Both Sides of the Looking-Glass (1933)
- G.K. Chesterton, Humour (1938)
- G. Orwell, Nonsense Poetry (1945)
- George Orwell, Funny, But Not Vulgar (1945)
- Michele Sala, Lear’s Nonsense: Beyond Children’s Literature
- More Articles
Tag Archives: Punch
George Du Maurier, in Punch, 19 May 1877, p. 218.
George Du Maurier, in Punch, 12 May 1877, p. 215.
George Du Maurier, in Punch, 5 May 1877, p. 202.
George Du Maurier, in Punch, 28 April 1877, p. 191.
George Du Maurier, in Punch, 31 March 1877, p. 142.
George Du Maurier, in Punch, 24 March 1877, p. 130.
George Du Maurier, in Punch, 17 March 1877, p. 110.
I have already discussed a “comic strip” by George Du Maurier, The Egg Poacher: A Tale of Country Life, which appeared in Punch in 1869. A few years later Du Maurier was to prove his literary talent by producing a … Continue reading