BBC Radio 4 has two more programmes including references to the Edward Lear celebrations on 12-13 May:
- Limerick Creator at 200 is an interview with Michael Rosen;
- Roger McGough’s Poetry Please of 21 May kicks off with a reading of Edward Lear’s “How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear” (6 days left to listen to the programme on iPlayer). McGough also announces a full programme devoted to Lear, send your requests.
More to read:
- Serious Nonsense by Sam Munsom in the Paris Review;
- Nonsense! by Peter Swaab on the Carcanet Blog;
- Dickens, Browning and Lear: what’s in a reputation? by Robert McCrum in The Guardian.